Monday, June 18, 2012

Never Stop Praying - Be Ready For Anything - Be Wise In The Way You Act With Those Who Are Not Believers


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18; 2 Chronicles 19; Colossians 4

Never Stop Praying -

Be Ready For Anything -

Be Wise In The Way You Act With Those Who Are Not Believers

Scripture

Colossians 4

Never stop praying. Be ready for anything by praying and being thankful. Also pray for us. Pray that God will give us an opportunity to tell people his message. I am in prison for doing this. But pray that we can continue to tell people the secret truth that God has made known about Christ. Pray that I will say what is necessary to make this truth clear to everyone.

Be wise in the way you act with those who are not believers. Use your time in the best way you can. When you talk, you should always be kind and wise. Then you will be able to answer everyone in the way you should. 

Observation

The Apostle Paul used the word pray or praying six times in these five verses so I think he is letting us that prayer is pretty important. In fact, he says to never stop praying! 

Are you ready for what may come at you today? 

It is Monday you know and you know how Mondays can be! Paul says that we need to pray so that we will be ready for anything. And to be ready for anything we also need to be thankful when we pray, thankful for everything that God has already done in our lives. 

Paul asked for prayer that he would have to the opportunity to be a witness for Christ even though he admits that being a witness for Jesus is why he is in jail. Then he asked for prayer that his message would be clear to those he witnesses to. 

Then Paul tells us how to act when we are with unbelievers so that our witness will be effective!


Application

I will start this Monday off with prayer! How about you?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me never to stop praying. I am thankful for everything that you have done for my family and me. You are so good to us. Help me share the Gospel message clearly as I go to talk to people at Mission Tampa. I pray that I will have the opportunity to help someone come to Christ today. Bless those that take time to read this blog today. Use them in a mighty way for Your kingdom. I pray for Mack Butler today as he has surgery. I pray for healing. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: