Thursday, June 14, 2012


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Kings 15; 2 Chronicles 13; 2 Chronicles 14; Philippians 4

Always

Don’t

Everything – Three Very Important Words For Us Today

Scripture

Philippians 4

Always be filled with joy in the Lord. I will say it again. Be filled with joy.

Let everyone see that you are gentle and kind. The Lord is coming soon.
 
Don’t worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks for what you have.
 
And because you belong to Christ Jesus, God’s peace will stand guard over all your thoughts and feelings. His peace can do this far better than our human minds.  

Observation

In chapter one of Philippians we learned how to pray for others and in chapter four we learn how to pray for ourselves. 

Here is how Paul says that we should pray:

1.      Don’t worry about anything! Using southern bad grammar we would say - "Don’t worry about nothin"

2.      Pray and ask God for everything you need.

3.      Always giving thanks for what you have.

Worry is a lack of faith in our Heavenly Father. It is a lack of trust in Him. We are commanded not to worry about anything. The word “anything” the last time I checked still means “anything”.

Instead of worrying we are commanded to pray and ask God for “everything” – everything we need!

And in our prayers while we are asking God for our needs we must always remember to thank Him for what we have. 

After we have completed steps one through three then we will experience God’s peace, a peace, which exceeds anything, we can understand.

Application

I will pray today rather than worry. I will thank God for all that He has provided me. I will enjoy His peace that passes all understanding.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are the Mighty God. There is no one like You. Thank You for providing everything I need to live this life here on earth. You have been so good to me. Help me not to worry today. If I begin to worry would You bring these verses to my mind so that I can experience Your peace and so I can walk under the umbrella of Your protection and Your love. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: