Sunday, December 22, 2013

I Am Leaving You With A Gift – Peace Of Mind And Heart


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
John 12; John 13; John 14

I Am Leaving You 

With A Gift –

Peace Of Mind And Heart

Scripture

John 14

27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

Observation

 I saw this sign, “No Jesus No Peace … Know Jesus Know Peace”. It is so true. You can really see this at Christmas time. It is a hectic time of the year for everyone but for those that have a relationship with Christ there is or at least there should be a noticeable difference in how we handle this holiday and all of the stress that it produces. 

Is there a noticeable difference? If not why not stop a minute or 10-15 minutes and reflect on the real meaning of Christmas. 

Jesus left us a gift – peace of mind and heart. Why not take a minute and receive that gift?
In fact, Jesus Christ came to this earth to be a sacrificial gift for us. He came to die for us. He came to gift us with eternal life. He came to gift us with forgiveness of our sins. All you and I need to do is receive the gift. Have you received the Gift of Christmas? 

    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

Application

I will take time today to reflect on the Christ of Christmas! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You said in Your word this morning, “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.  Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” 

Help me to show genuine love to the people at church today and everyone else that crosses my path.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: