Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Run From Anything That Stimulates Youthful Lusts.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Timothy 1; 2 Timothy 2; 2 Timothy 3; 2 Timothy 4

Run

From Anything

That Stimulates Youthful Lusts.

Scripture

2 Timothy 2

22 Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.

Observation

I talked recently to an old friend who has gone back to hanging around old friends and his old way of life.

RUN … RUN … RUN!

I hope he is reading this blog today.

It is so much better to pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. It is also so much better to enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord than those that pull you back into a life of destruction.

You and I need to RUN from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. ANYTHING!

The Devil just needs a foothold. Let’s not be stupid and give it to him.

Application

I will run from anything and everything that stimulates youthful lusts. I will also pray for my friend and talk to him when the opportunity opens up.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is hard to see friends go back to the old way of life. It is hard to watch them self-destruct. I pray for my friend this morning. Give him understanding and wisdom and help him make good choices. Protect him and discipline him so he can one day live for You. Do a work in his heart that only You can do. Use Your word to bring him back to a right relationship with You. Keep me from making dumb mistakes. Keep me from anything that would cause me to do stupid sins that would hurt what You want to do with my life.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: