Friday, December 27, 2013

So Be Diligent And Turn From Your Indifference


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Revelation 1; Revelation 2; Revelation 3; Revelation 4 

So Be Diligent

And

Turn From Your Indifference

Scripture

Revelation 3

19 I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference.

20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.
 
Observation

Jesus stands at the door of our hearts and is knocking to come in. He wants to spend time with us as friends. He wants to fellowship with us.

The definition of the word “Indifference” is as follows: a lack of interest in or concern about something. 

Jesus tells us in verses 15 – 17 that the church in Laodicea was lukewarm. They were indifferent.
I often catch myself being indifferent to people around me. People I should be paying attention to, people that need my love and my help. 

Pastor Bruce made a statement that goes along with this passage, “The only way we serve God is by serving people.” So true! If we are indifferent to the needs of those around us then we are also “lukewarm” and “indifferent” in our love for God.   

“And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’ Matthew 25:45

Application

I will look for those around me who need my help.

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to be indifferent today. I don’t want to be lukewarm in my relationship with You. Give me Your heart for those around me.

Create in me a clean heart, O God.  Renew a right spirit within me. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts.  Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. 

Psalm 51:10; Psalm 139:23-24

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: