Thursday, December 26, 2013

Your Promises Have Been Thoroughly Tested; That Is Why I Love Them So Much.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Psalm 117; Psalm 119:81-176; 2 John 1; 3 John 1

Your Promises 

Have Been Thoroughly Tested;

That Is Why I Love Them So Much.

Scripture

Psalm 119

140 Your promises have been thoroughly tested;
    that is why I love them so much.


Observation

Promises … you and I make them, but we don’t always keep them. God makes them and He always keeps them. When we read His word we find all kinds of promises that God makes to us and He will keep every one of them. 

What is your favorite Bible promise? Here are a few of my favorites:

    "I assure you, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. John 5:24

    I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them away from me, John 10:28

    and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.  Matthew 6:33

    'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' Jeremiah 33:3

 Application

I will meditate on God’s promises I as go through this day.

Prayer

 O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up.You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head.

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. (Taken from Psalm 139)

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: