Monday, December 09, 2013

So If We Have Enough Food And Clothing, Let Us Be Content.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
I Timothy 5, I Timothy 6

So 

If We Have Enough Food And Clothing,

Let Us Be Content.

Scripture

I Timothy 6

So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.

Observation

We are a country built on discontentment. Have you ever heard of the “Happy Meal”?

This time of the year we are bombarded with advertisements that want us to toss out our old stuff and buy the latest new gadget and before the dust settles on that gadget there is another new one with more bells and whistles that advertisers are dangling in front of us tempting us to buy. 

It is never ending. 

So … lets be content if we have enough food and clothing.

My clothes closet and my waistline reveal that I have plenty of both food and clothing … therefore I should be content. 

Application

I will resist the temptation of buying something “new” for myself this week. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to believe Your word when You say, “true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth.”  After all, I brought nothing with me when I came into the world, and I can’t take anything with me when I leave it. So if I have enough food and clothing, let me be content.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: