Monday, December 16, 2013

Stay Alert! Watch Out For Your Great Enemy The Devil. He Prowls Around Like A Roaring Lion, Looking For Someone To Devour.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Peter 1; 1 Peter 2; 1 Peter 3; 1 Peter 4; 1 Peter 5

Stay Alert!

Watch Out For Your Great Enemy The Devil.

He Prowls Around Like A Roaring Lion, Looking For Someone To Devour.

Scripture

1 Peter 5

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith.

Observation

Did you notice that right after we are told to give all of our worries and cares to God we are warned to watch out for the Devil because he is looking for someone to devour?

Worrying must give the devil a foothold into our lives. And Monday is a good day to be reminded that all my worries and cares need to be given to God.

We are told to humble ourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time God will lift us up in honor. We can do that by asking God to take care of all of the issues in our lives that are beyond our control.

Application

 I will give God all my worries today as they come to my mind. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to worry. Help me to trust You with every detail of my life. Help me to stay alert! Help me to watch out for my great enemy, the devil, who prowls around like a roaring lion, looking to devour me.  Help me to stand firm against him, and help me to be strong in my faith.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: