Friday, December 06, 2013

Don’t Worry About Anything, Instead Pray About Everything. Tell God What You Need, And Thank Him For All He Has Done.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Philippians 1; Philippians 2; Philippians 3; Philippians 4

Don’t Worry About Anything, Instead Pray About Everything.

Tell God What You Need, 

And Thank Him For All He Has Done.

Scripture

Philippians 4

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. 

Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
 
Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Observation

One of my most favorite passages in the Bible is Philippians 4:6-7. Probably because I tend to worry a lot about stuff God has burned these two verses into my memory and His Holy Spirit has them pop up when I start fretting over something. 

One of the best ways that I have found to deal with difficult situations is to look back in my life and see how God has always taken care of me in the past. Best way to deal with worry is to talk to God about what is causing the concern and to thank Him for how He has always helped us in the past. 

Here is another help that Paul mentions in Philippians 4:8-9 

“…Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.  

Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

So today lets focus on the right things. Lets live in such a way that others can follow our example.

Application

Today, I will thank God for all that He has done for me in the past.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to worry about anything. Help me instead talk to You about everything. Help me to remember how You have always taken care of us in the past. I pray that Your peace, which exceeds anything I can understand, will guard my heart and mind as I live in Christ Jesus.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: