Saturday, December 14, 2013

“…Let Us Run With Endurance The Race God Has Set Before Us.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Hebrews 12; Hebrews 13; Jude 1

“…Let Us Run With 

Endurance

The Race God Has Set Before Us.”

Scripture

Hebrews 12

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.

Observation

 Does your life seem like a race? Does it seem like a wind sprint, a marathon, or a rat race?

We are running a race. Everyday that we wake up is another day to run!

How are we to run? We are to let go of things that slow us down. What slows us down and messes us up … sin!

How are we to run? We are to run with endurance (we are in a marathon not a sprint) and we are to keep our eyes focused on Jesus. 

Hebrews 11 reminds me of the importance of being an example to those around me.

I am so glad that God brought spiritual giants into my life! They have been a huge encouragement to my life.

I like what the writer of Hebrews says in verses 12 &13 of chapter 12:
12 So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees.
13 Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong.



Application

I will run with my eyes looking up at Jesus.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me take a new grip with my tired hands and strengthen my weak knees. Help me to mark out a straight path for my feet so that I will not fall but become strong. Since I am receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, I will be thankful and please You by worshiping You with holy fear and awe. 

20 Now may the God of peace—
    who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus,
the great Shepherd of the sheep,
    and ratified an eternal covenant with his blood—

 
21 may he equip you with all you need
    for doing his will.
May he produce in you,
    through the power of Jesus Christ,
every good thing that is pleasing to him.

 
    All glory to him forever and ever! Amen.  Hebrews 13:20-21


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: