Friday, December 20, 2013

I Am The Light Of The World. If You Follow Me, You Won’t Have To Walk In Darkness


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
John 7; John 8

I Am The Light Of The World.

If You Follow Me,

You Won’t Have To Walk In Darkness

Scripture

John 8

12 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”

Observation

The bright lights of our Christmas tree remind me “Jesus is the Light of the world.” I think Kathy put about ten thousand lights on our small skinny tree this year. I told her that it is hard to see the ornaments because there is so much light coming off the tree!

For the past few years we didn’t have enough lights on our Charlie Brown Christmas tree, but Kathy took care of that this year! It looks great. Just put on your sunglasses when you walk into the living room. (Just kidding Kathy)

Jesus is the Light of the world. We live in a very dark world. Only the Light of Christ can make a difference and penetrate the darkness. Christians bring light to the countries where they are sent, and even into neighborhoods where God leads them to live.

I love Matthew 5:16, “Matthew 5:16 “… let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”

If you have attended a candlelight service at Christ Fellowship then you know how special it is. I love when we light the candles and the flame and light from each candle spreads through the crowd until every person has received and shared the light with someone else. All you see around you are smiles and faces reflecting the joy of Christ! Don’t miss this experience!

Application


I will look for opportunities to share the Light with those still in darkness.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for the opportunity and responsibility of sharing the Light with those around me. Help me not ever forget that those around me that don’t know Jesus who are living in darkness that need to come to the light. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: