Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Dear Children, Keep Away From Anything That Might Take God’s Place In Your Hearts.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 John 1; 1 John 2; 1 John 3; 1 John 4; 1 John 5

Dear Children,

Keep Away From Anything

That Might Take God’s Place In Your Hearts.

Scripture

1 John 5

21 Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.

Observation

On Christmas day maybe this is the perfect verse for us to reflect on! It is so easy to let other things fill God’s spot in our hearts.

As I write this I am looking at our Christmas tree and listening to Christmas music. I am thinking about all of our family and how we have enjoyed spending time with them over the past few days.  I am thinking about how wonderful it was seeing everyone at our Christmas Eve service last night.

I don’t want anything to take God’s place in my heart. How about you? 

Application

I will continue to guard my heart so that God has the number One place in my life.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
Proverbs 4:23

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me guard my heart. I don’t want anything taking Your place in my life. I pray for my family and friends. I pray that they would also seek You first so that they can experience the abundant life that You promise us. I pray for Pastor Bruce and his family. I ask You to bless our entire leadership team. Energize them and fill them with Your Holy Spirit. Help them to keep You in the center of their lives. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: