Friday, December 13, 2013

It Is Impossible To Please God Apart From Faith.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Hebrews 9; Hebrews 10; Hebrews 11

It Is Impossible

To Please God 

Apart From Faith.

Scripture

Hebrews 11:6

It’s impossible to please God apart from faith. And why? Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that he exists and that he cares enough to respond to those who seek him.

Observation

Did you take time to read all of Hebrews 11 this morning? I hope that you did. It includes the great men and women of the Bible that lived by faith even though they faced incredible difficulties.

We exercise faith all the time in lots of things, but nothing is totally reliable except the faith that we place in our Heavenly Father. Your car will eventually break down. Your heater on a cold winter morning will eventually not work. Your favorite chair that you faithfully sit in every morning eventually will break.

When you and I place our faith in our Heavenly Father and by faith we know that He cares enough to respond to us, then we are placing our faith where it will never fail and where we will never be disappointed.

Application

I will please God today by looking up and placing my faith in Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that faith is the confidence that what I hope for will actually happen; it gives me assurance about things I cannot see. I know that it is impossible to please You without faith. Give me the faith to believe even when things are difficult and when things look like they are out of control. I trust You with my family. I trust You where it doesn’t look like You are at work. 

Your word says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)  Help me to do that today. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: