Thursday, December 05, 2013

You Made Me; You Created Me. Now Give Me The Sense To Follow Your Commands.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ephesians 5; Ephesians 6; Psalm 119:1-80

You Made Me; You Created Me.

Now

Give Me The Sense To Follow Your Commands. 

Scripture

Psalm 119

73 You made me; you created me.
    Now give me the sense to follow your commands.


Observation

God give me the sense to be obedient! This is a great prayer for me today. God just give me the common sense to be an obedient Christ Follower! Don’t let me do stupid stuff that would cause me to get off track.

This verse reminds me of Psalm 139.

    [13] You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
        and knit me together in my mother's womb.
    [14] Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
        Your workmanship is marvelous—and how well I know it.
    [15] You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
        as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
    [16] You saw me before I was born.
        Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
    Every moment was laid out
        before a single day had passed.

    [17] How precious are your thoughts about me, O God!
        They are innumerable!
    [18] I can't even count them;
        they outnumber the grains of sand!
    And when I wake up in the morning,
        you are still with me!       

    [23] Search me, O God, and know my heart;
        test me and know my thoughts.
    [24] Point out anything in me that offends you,
        and lead me along the path of everlasting life.  

In Ephesians 5 the Apostle is saying almost the same thing when he writes:

10 Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. 15 So be careful how you live. 17 Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.

Application

I will ask the Lord to give me the sense to be obedient to Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Search me, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up in the morning, you are still with me!       


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: