Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Wife Must Not Leave Her Husband A Husband Must Not Leave His Wife


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joshua 12; Joshua 13; Joshua 14; 1 Corinthians 7

A Wife Must Not Leave Her Husband

A Husband

Must Not Leave His Wife

Scripture

1 Corinthians 7

10 But for those who are married, I have a command that comes not from me, but from the Lord.
A wife must not leave her husband.
 
11 But if she does leave him, let her remain single or else be reconciled to him.
And the husband must not leave his wife.

Observation

Kathy and I have been married a long time. This November 1st will be our 45th wedding anniversary! Amazing that she has stayed with me through everything that I have put her through. 

She is definitely a Keeper!

One of the things that we have never had to worry about was divorcing each other. We were told during our pre-martial counseling to take that word out of our vocabulary and we did. In our best/worst fights we have never threatened each other with the “D” word.

If you haven’t taken that word out of your vocabulary now is the time to do it.

No matter what I do Kathy will never divorce me – she might murder me but she won’t divorce me and no matter what Kathy does I will never divorce her.

Love is a verb. It is a decision, a choice I make everyday. Today I choose to love Kathy. Today I also choose to love the LORD. It is always a choice. When a guy says, “Oh, I just don’t love her anymore,” he is really choosing not to love her anymore.

Kathy is and will always be God’s greatest gift to me next to my salvation.

I tell couples when I do pre-martial counseling with them that they need to realize that Satan will bring someone else into their life that is attractive and attracted to them and it will be just at the time that you and your spouse are having a rough time in your relationship. If you are not careful you will allow that extra – relationship(s) to destroy your marriage. 

Satan is a destroyer. He wants to destroy your marriage. He wants to mess up your life. Don’t believe his lies. Your spouse is not your enemy. Satan is your enemy.

Let’s make a choice today to really love our spouse!

Application

I will let Kathy know several times today how much she means to me. I choose to love her today with all my heart! 100%

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for providing me with one wonderful wife. She is my lover and my best friend. Give her strength today. Help her as she seeks to walk with You. Give her wisdom and understanding. May Your face shine on her brightly today. She is the best gift that You could have ever given me. I pray for men who don’t realize that Satan has gotten a foothold into their lives and he has messed up their relationships. They believe his lies. Show them Your truth. Give them strength to live godly lives. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: