Wednesday, March 05, 2014

“… But She, Poor As She Is, Has Given Everything She Had To Live On.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Deuteronomy 1; Deuteronomy 2; Mark 12

“… But She, Poor

As She Is,

Has Given Everything She Had To Live On.”

Scripture

Mark 12

41 Jesus sat down near the collection box in the Temple and watched as the crowds dropped in their money. Many rich people put in large amounts. 42 Then a poor widow came and dropped in two small coins.

43 Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all the others who are making contributions. 44 For they gave a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she had to live on.”

Observation

Take a minute to think about this story and just imagine if you had been there watching all the people drop in their offerings to the Lord. Would the widow’s offering of two small coins have gotten our attention? You and I would have probably been a lot more impressed with the wealthy people and their gifts and we probably wouldn’t have even noticed the widow at all.

Today the Lord is more interested in what you and I hold back for our own than the dollar amount of what we give. Every time we give to the Lord it is an exercise of our faith in Him.

Do we really believe what the Lord says or not? Every week there is a test? Every time the offering plate is passed and every time we hear of an opportunity to help me a need we are being tested.

God is saying over and over and over again – put Me to the test!

What do you think happened to that widow after she dropped into the collection box everything that she had to live on? She gave everything. She held back nothing from God. What do you think happened to her the next week? Did she starve? Give me your answer after you read the following two scriptures:


    Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. Malachi 3:10
 
    If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving—large or small—it will be used to measure what is given back to you." Luke 6:38

Application

I will ask God to show me where I need to be more generous.  How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have been so generous to me. All of my life You have taken care of me. I do not lack one thing. Help me to see and help me totally understand that nothing I have is my own. Help me to really understand that nothing I have is really my own. Help us to be more generous. Help us to trust You more with every nickel and dime under our control so we can experience more of Your blessings. Thank You for the many people that have been so generous to Kathy and I. We are so blessed.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: