Saturday, March 29, 2014

Let Love Be Your Highest Goal!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Judges 6; Judges 7; Psalm 52; 1 Corinthians 14

Let 

Love

Be Your Highest Goal!

Scripture

1 Corinthians 14

Let love be your highest goal!

Observation

What are your goals for 2014? Our highest goal should be love! Not making money, not being successful, not being popular, no our highest goal should be love!

Love that the Apostle Paul is talking about is not a noun it is a verb.  

Yesterday I read I Corinthians 13 as part of my daily Bible reading / my quiet time. I was thinking about the funeral service that I was about to do and I realized that I Corinthians 13:4-7 described Elmer Varnes life perfectly:

     [4] Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud [5] or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. [6] It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. [7] Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 

I hope that when I die someone could say that about me! 

I was so proud yesterday of Elmer’s grandson Adam Beasley, his son Wayne, and his daughter Debbie Beasley, who all spoke about their dad and all three urged the people listening to put their faith in Jesus Christ. It was a powerful service. It was so different than most funerals. It was a real celebration of a life well lived. 

Application

I will strive to make love my highest goal. How about you? 
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that yesterday You were smiling at the Varnes family. They did so good. I am so proud. They glorified You and they voiced their total trust in You. I pray for them as they continue to grieve during this time of loss. Give them strength. Help them to be strong. Help me make love my highest goal. Don’t let me live a self-centered life. You are Worthy of Praise!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: