Tuesday, March 04, 2014

“I Tell You, You Can Pray For Anything, And If You Believe That You’ve Received it, It Will Be Yours.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 34; Numbers 35; Numbers 36; Mark 11

“I Tell You, 

You Can Pray For Anything,

And If You Believe That You’ve Received it, It Will Be Yours.” 

Scripture

Mark 11

24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.
 
Observation

But … if you are holding a grudge, don’t even bother to pray unless it is to ask your Father in heaven for forgiveness and you better forgive the person you are holding a grudge against. 

24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.
25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.

22 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. 24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. 25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.

I wonder if Jesus was looking at Peter when He said this! Do you remember Peter’s question to Jesus when he asked Jesus about how many times he had to forgive someone and Jesus 
responded and told Peter seventy times seven. 

Matthew 18:
21 Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?” 22 “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!

There are some things that can hinder our prayers and the unwillingness to forgive someone who has wronged us is definitely one of them. 

Who do you and I need to forgive? 

Application

I don’t want anything hindering my prayer life. I will ask God to show me if there is anyone that I am holding a grudge against and refusing to forgive. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is easy for me to see when others are holding grudges against someone that has done them wrong. It is easy for me to see that they need to let go and forgive but what about me? Show me if there is someone that I have not forgiven. Show me if there is someone that I need to get something right with today. Give me Your heart for the people around me today. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: