Thursday, March 06, 2014

“King Og … His Bed Was Made Of Iron And Was More Than Thirteen Feet Long And Six Feet Wide.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Deuteronomy 3; Deuteronomy 4; Psalm 36; Mark 13

“King Og … 

His Bed Was Made Of Iron

And Was More Than Thirteen Feet Long And Six Feet Wide.”

Scripture

Deuteronomy 3

 “Next we turned and headed for the land of Bashan, where King Og and his entire army attacked us at Edrei.
 
But the Lord told me, ‘Do not be afraid of him, for I have given you victory over Og and his entire army, and I will give you all his land. Treat him just as you treated King Sihon of the Amorites, who ruled in Heshbon.’

“So the Lord our God handed King Og and all his people over to us, and we killed them all.
11 (King Og of Bashan was the last survivor of the giant Rephaites. His bed was made of iron and was more than thirteen feet long and six feet wide.


Observation

The fear of these giants and lack of faith in God caused the children of Israel to wander 40 years in the desert. When they finally went into the Promised Land these giants were not a problem at all! Even a giant that had to have a bed that was thirteen feet long and six feet wide!

What kind of giants are you and I facing today? Maybe we are facing one or more of these giants: finances, a broken relationship(s), health issues, problems at work, or maybe no work at all!

Maybe you and I need to listen to what God told the children of Israel and respond with courage as they did, “But the Lord told me, ‘Do not be afraid of him, for I have given you victory over Og. … “So the Lord our God handed King Og and all his people over to us, and we killed them all. 

Do not be afraid … for I have given you the victory!

Application

I will not be afraid of the giants facing me today! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the strength to face my giants today head on. Show me that I can totally trust in You. Help me not to be afraid. You are my Shepherd I have everything that I need.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: