Friday, March 14, 2014

But The Holy Spirit Produces This Kind Of Fruit In Our Lives: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness,, Gentleness, And Self-Control.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Deuteronomy 25; Deuteronomy 26; Deuteronomy 27; Galatians 5 

But The Holy Spirit Produces This Kind Of Fruit In Our Lives:

Love, Joy, Peace, 

Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness,, Gentleness, And Self-Control.

Scripture

Galatians 5 

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control.

Observation

Squeeze a lemon and you get lemon juice. Squeeze Eddy Williams and you should get the fruit of the Holy Spirit. I wish that I could say that everyday you would get the fruit of the Spirit out of my life. The truth is it depends on who is in charge of my life that day.

There is a struggle everyday that you and I must participate in and that struggle is a spiritual battle to see if the Holy Spirit or our old nature is going to rule over our hearts. Every day it is a choice that you and I must make whether we are going to live for Christ or live for self. The old nature (sour like lemon juice) or the Fruit of the Holy Spirit, one of the two will be obvious to those around us today.

Kathy loves to tell this story. It goes like this. I changed it and shortened it because I am telling the story.

“There was a man who used to have to dogs that he would use to make a living. One dog was white and the other was black. He would have them fight and he would have people bet on which dog would win the fight. The man would always know which dog would win the fight and so he was able to make a living on these dogfights. Someone asked him one time how did he know which dog was going to win. The dog owner replied, “Oh, that is very easy, it is the one that I feed the most.” So it is with our lives, the nature that we feed the most will win the battle and be in control of our lives.”

So let’s get up every morning and dig into God’s Word. Let’s feed our souls! Let’s allow the Holy Spirit total access to our lives. Have you taken time to read God’s Word today?

Today when squeezed by the pressures of life may those around us experience the Fruit of the Holy Spirit and not lemon juice!


Application

I will think about Galatians 5:22-23 as I go through this day.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me live under Your control today. I know that I am free to choose whether I yield to that old nature of mine (which is not pretty at all) or yield to Your Holy Spirit. Help me win that battle today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: