Saturday, March 08, 2014

“Beware That In Your Plenty You Do Not Forget The LORD Your God …”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Deuteronomy 7; Deuteronomy 8; Deuteronomy 9; Mark 15

“Beware That In Your Plenty

You Do Not Forget

The LORD Your God …”

Scripture

Deuteronomy 8

11 “But that is the time to be careful! Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the Lord your God and disobey his commands, regulations, and decrees that I am giving you today.
18 Remember the Lord your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful, in order to fulfill the covenant he confirmed to your ancestors with an oath.

Observation

Two things we for sure ought to get out of these two verses:

  1. Remember the LORD your God. He is the One who gives you power to be successful.
  2. Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the LORD your God.

Application

 Today I will remember that only by God’s power I will be successful and I will not forget the LORD in the abundance of all that He has provided for my family and me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thanks for reminding me this morning that life is not all about “Me”. It is all about You. Help me to live this day trusting in all of Your promises and not relying on my own strength. You are the Holder of my future and I am in very good Hands. You will never leave me or forsake me! You are always with me!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: