Wednesday, March 19, 2014

… You Won’t Be Proud Of One Of Your leaders At The Expense Of Another.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joshua 3; Joshua 4; Joshua 5; Joshua 6; 1 Corinthians 4 

… You Won’t 

Be Proud Of One Of Your leaders

At The Expense Of Another.

Scripture

1 Corinthians 4 

Dear brothers and sisters, I have used Apollos and myself to illustrate what I’ve been saying. If you pay attention to what I have quoted from the Scriptures, you won’t be proud of one of your leaders at the expense of another.
 
For what gives you the right to make such a judgment? 

What do you have that God hasn’t given you? And if everything you have is from God, why boast as though it were not a gift?

Observation

There is always a danger of giving too much attention to one of your leaders at the expense of another.

As former senior pastor of the old church that existed where Christ Fellowship church now worships I sometimes hear people say some very kind things about me and my wife Kathy. While I appreciate those words of love and words of encouragement I don’t ever want them to come at the expense of any of our present leaders.

Pastor Bruce Moore and his wife Heather are now leading our church and they are doing an outstanding job of growing our church and reaching people for Jesus Christ. 
  
Application

I will support my pastor and his leadership team 100%! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for showing me that I am just as the Apostle Paul said about himself a mere servant of Jesus Christ. I pray for our church today and every leader that you have placed in leadership to lead us. Use them in a powerful way in our lives so we can be more effective witnesses for You. I thank You for each and every one of them.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: