Tuesday, March 11, 2014

For If Keeping The Law Could Make Us Right With God, Then There Was No Need For Christ To Die.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Deuteronomy 16; Deuteronomy 17; Deuteronomy 18; Psalm 38; Galatians 2

For If Keeping The Law

Could Make Us Right With God,

Then There Was No Need For Christ To Die.

Scripture

Galatians 2

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
 
21 I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.

Observation

Galatians 2:20 is the verse that I would normally write about, but today verse 21 caught my attention!

Many people and maybe even you believe that by living a good enough life they will somehow be good enough to get into the kingdom of Heaven. Many believe that if we do more good things than bad things then we are in but if we don’t then we are burning forever!

A large number of people that have attended church for years would give you a works answer if you asked them how they were going to Heaven.

You and I cannot do enough good things to get us into the kingdom of Heaven. The only way you and I can get into the Heaven is by have a relationship with the God of Heaven. If you are not one of His children then you don’t get in. Living this life the way God intended for it to be lived and having the privilege of living forever with God depends 100% on our relationship with Jesus Christ.

Is He your Lord and Savior? If He is not then you are lost and you are headed for a sinners Hell and life here on this earth will be the pits too!

Jesus said in John 10:10, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”

Application

Today I will live powered by Galatians 2:20? How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live today under Your power. Help me to die to self and let Christ live through me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: