Friday, July 29, 2016

And Remember, Our Lord’s Patience Gives People Time To Be Saved


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

And Remember,
Our Lord’s Patience
Gives People Time To Be Saved




Scripture

2 Peter 3

But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.

15 And remember, our Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him—

Observation

I am praying for certain people in my family just like you probably are and I am asking God to save them.

I want them to put their faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and I want to see their lives transformed. And I will let you know that I am not the most patient guy in the world.

This passage of scripture is a huge encouragement to an impatient guy like me. How about you?

Do you have some people on your impossible list? Don’t give up on them.

You and I did not deserve salvation and yet God saved me and if God saved you it wasn’t because you deserved it either. The people that we want to see come to faith in Christ don’t deserve salvation either but God wants them to be saved.

He is patiently giving them more time. Maybe you have not given your life to Christ yet – to you I will say this – today is the day to make the decision to surrender your life to Him.


Application

I will continue to pray for those that God has put on my heart that need a personal relationship with Him and I will not give up praying for them. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me a godly Granny that prayed for me to be saved. I believe that because of her prayers for me I know Jesus Christ as my Lord and my Savior. I don’t deserve salvation but because of Your Grace and Your Mercy I have it.

I pray for those in my family that live like You do not exist. I pray for their salvation. I want them to experience the life that Kathy and I get to experience and I want them to have Eternal life. Bring people into their lives that will challenge them to repent and turn to You. Open up their spiritual eyes and turn their hearts away from sin and self and turn their hearts towards You. Give me patience and the faith to not stop praying for them. 



Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 57,58,59; Psalms 103; 2 Peter 3





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: