Thursday, July 14, 2016

It Was By Faith That …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

It Was
By Faith
That … 


Scripture

Hebrews 11

1 Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.

4 It was by faith that … 

And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

Observation

Impossible! It is impossible to please God without faith. I can’t see God. You can’t see God. If God wanted to be seen He could sure make that happen, but then trusting in Him and being dependent on Him would not require the faith like it does now. Would it?

We can look at nature, all of creation, and the entire universe that we live in and we can see God’s handiwork, but we can’t see God. God has designed us; He has hard wired us with a void in our lives that only He can fill.

This void or this emptiness in our lives can only be filled when we place our faith in God who we cannot see! God has set this whole thing up so that the only way we can please God is by “faith”.

If all of our prayer requests got answered at the very moment we prayed then our faith and our trust in God would never have the chance to grow. Think about that!


Take a few minutes today and take a walk through the “Hall of Faith” found in Hebrews 11!


 Application

I will trust and put my faith in God today. I will hold on to all of His promises.

Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.” John 20:29


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me the opportunity to know You and for giving me the ability to trust in You. Thank You for opening up my spiritual eyes and allowing me to believe in You. I pray for those that may read this blog today. Help them to have faith in You. Show them Your Power. Give them spiritual understanding and faith to believe. 


Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 19,20,21; Hebrews 11 




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: