Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Oh, That We Might Know The LORD!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Oh,
That We Might Know
The LORD!



Scripture

Hosea 6

Oh, that we might know the Lord!
    Let us press on to know him.
He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn
    or the coming of rains in early spring.”


Observation

Maybe you are like me and have been a Christian a long time. If so I hope that this verse stirs up something in you and speaks to your heart like it did mine. 

It reminds me of what the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 3:10 “I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead…” 

Kathy and I just walked back up from having a cup of coffee at the beach! 

What a Great and Mighty Creator God we serve! 

Today I can say with Hosea,  “Oh, that I might know the LORD!” 

Philippians 3:8-9, 12-14

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him.

12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Application

I will press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for creating this beautiful world for us to enjoy. It was especially designed for our enjoyment! Thank You for our family and our friends. Help them to walk with You. Help all of us to know You better every day! 


Daily Bible Reading:  Hosea 6,7,8,9; Hebrews 3




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: