Friday, July 15, 2016

Let Us Run With Endurance The Race God Has Set Before Us.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Let Us
Run With Endurance
The Race God Has Set Before Us.


.

Scripture

.

Hebrews 12

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
 
We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.

.
Observation

This is no wind sprint; this is no 5k, 8k, 10k, or even a 15k the race that followers of the Lord Jesus Christ have signed up for, oh no, this is a marathon! So let us run with endurance! 

I like what the writer of Hebrews says in verses twelve and thirteen, “So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees.  Mark out a straight path for your feet …” 

As I read Hebrews 12:1-2 I know and am reminded that there are a lot of people watching me as I run this race – this Christian marathon! 

I sense excitement in the writer’s words as he shifts from the roll call of the “Hall of Faith” in chapter 11 to our participation in chapter 12! -- “Therefore”!

So lets run this Christian race with all of our heart, mind, and soul! 

“Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.” Hebrews 12:28

 Application


I will work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord. Hebrews 12:14 {Personalized}.

Prayer


Heavenly Father, help me to finish running this race in a way that pleases You. Don’t let me give up. Don’t let me be a slacker. Don’t let stupid sins trip me up. I want to run this race with endurance. Give me the strength, the energy, and the wisdom to run all the way to the finish line. I worship You this morning with holy fear and awe.  You alone are worthy of my praise!


Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 22,23,24; Hebrews 12



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: