Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Lead Them By Your Own Good Example


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Lead Them
By Your
Own Good Example



Scripture

1 Peter 5 

Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God.
 
Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example.
 
And when the Great Shepherd appears, you will receive a crown of never-ending glory and honor.

Observation

Our kids are all grown they have their own families and tomorrow our oldest granddaughter Lyric will be twenty years old!

Kathy and I want to continue being an influence in each one of their lives.

We have talked about this a lot.

We have decided that the best way to influence our children and our grandchildren is to be good examples to them.

We desperately want them to see Jesus in us.

The most important flock that God has entrusted us to care for is our family.

Are we setting a good godly example for them to follow?

 Application

I want to be a godly influence. I want my children, my grandchildren to see Jesus in me. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have fallen very short when it comes to being the best Dad for my kids. I made so many mistakes that I wish that I could do over, but I can’t. What I can do is live in a way that helps them to see Jesus in my life. Help me to be a godly influence. Help Kathy and I to be good examples to our children and our grandchildren. I pray for those believers close to me that just don’t seem to understand that how they are living now and acting out has a negative damaging impact on their kids who are watching them, and others around them. Open their eyes. Help them to get it. 

Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 46,47,48,49; 1 Peter 5





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: