Monday, July 11, 2016

Don’t Call Everything A Conspiracy, Like They Do, And Don’t Live In Dread Of What Frightens Them.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Don’t Call Everything A Conspiracy,
Like They Do,
And Don’t Live In Dread Of What Frightens Them. 


Scripture

Isaiah 8

11 The Lord has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does. He said,

12 “Don’t call everything a conspiracy, like they do,
    and don’t live in dread of what frightens them.


13 Make the Lord of Heaven’s Armies holy in your life.
    He is the one you should fear.
He is the one who should make you tremble.


14     He will keep you safe.


Observation

The Prophet Isaiah wrote this almost 3,000 years ago. And as I read this in Isaiah chapter eight I had to smile, some things never change!

Don’t miss Isaiah’s point. It is found in verses 13 & 14.

Take a minute to check these verses out. Lets start out our week on the right foot!

Isaiah 9:6-7 tells us something that we can really believe with 100% certainty.

And the truth of Isaiah 9:6-7 trumps any conspiracy theories that might have you living in dread.
Make the Lord of Heaven’s Armies holy in your life.  He is the one you should fear. He is the one who should make you tremble.  He will keep you safe. Isaiah 8:13-14

 For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David for all eternity.

The passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will make this happen! Isaiah 9:6-7


Application

I will seek to make the Lord Holy in my life. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, our world seems to get crazier and crazier by the minute. It makes what You say in Isaiah 8:11-14 so relevant for me today. I will trust in You. You will keep me safe. I will hold on to Your Word. I will believe all of Your promises. You are my Shepherd. I have everything that I need.

    God, my shepherd!
        I don't need a thing.
    [2] You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
        you find me quiet pools to drink from.
    [3] True to your word,
        you let me catch my breath
        and send me in the right direction.

    [4] Even when the way goes through
        Death Valley,
    I'm not afraid
        when you walk at my side.
    Your trusty shepherd's crook
        makes me feel secure.

    [5] You serve me a six-course dinner
        right in front of my enemies.
    You revive my drooping head;
        my cup brims with blessing.

    [6] Your beauty and love chase after me
        every day of my life.
    I'm back home in the house of God
        for the rest of my life. Psalm 23:1-6



   


   


Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 8,9,10; Hebrews 8




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: