Monday, July 18, 2016

You believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You believe that there is one God.
Good for you!
Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.
 

Scripture
 
James 2:14

14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone?

19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.
 
20 How foolish! Can’t you see that faith without good deeds is useless?

Observation

It is so easy to say, “I believe in God”. Demons not only believe that there is one God, they know it and they fear and tremble. Believing in your head, in your mind that there is a God does not save us even the demons know that.

It is only when we put our faith and our trust in what God did for us through His Son Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary that we are saved.

The most important 18 inches in the world for you and me is the distance from our brain to our heart! Some of us have the head knowledge about God. We believe that He exists, but we have never exercised the faith to trust in Him as our Lord and Savior.

What kind of belief in God do you have? Head knowledge or has it moved to your Heart?

Application

I will look for ways to show that my faith in Jesus Christ is genuine. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live out my faith this week. Help me to be more concerned for those around me and less concerned about myself. I pray for opportunities to show that my faith is real.

Hebrews 10:24-25

24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.
 
25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.


Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 32,33,34,35; James 2



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: