Friday, July 22, 2016

So Live As Outsiders During Your Time Here


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

So Live As Outsiders
During
Your Time Here


Scripture

1 Peter 1

17 You call on a Father who judges each person’s work without favoring one over another. So live as outsiders during your time here. Live with the highest respect for God. 

18 You were set free from an empty way of life. This way of life was handed down to you by your own people of long ago. 

You know that you were not bought with things that can pass away, like silver or gold. 

19 Instead, you were bought with the priceless blood of Christ.

Observation

Like no other time in my life I am extremely aware of and I sense and feel the pressure of the world around me trying to squeeze me into its mold.

Folks, I was set free from that empty way of life. I was bought with a price. I have been redeemed. I have been set free.

That empty way of life will never be okay for anyone that has been set free by the precious, priceless blood of Jesus Christ.

Even though I believe there is truth in the saying “we cannot legislate morality, I don’t think that means that we stop being a moral voice in our community. You and I are called to be the “Salt and Light” to the world around us. The cost of speaking out, the cost of being “Salt and Light” gets higher and higher each and every day!

I am not saying that we should ever be mean or ugly and viciously attack people. Jesus Christ died for them just like He died for me, but we never should condone or make excuses for immorality.

And everyday I am more and more aware that I am an outsider! This is not my final home. This life is a journey and I am not home yet!



Romans 12: 1-2

So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.

Application

I will strive to be “Salt and Light” to those around me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have to admit that I am not encouraged with the direction that our country and our world seem to be heading. If I didn’t have Your Word filled with all of its promises I would be very discouraged right now. I don’t know how people that don’t have a relationship with You can face these days of uncertainty. I have an Anchor and His name is Jesus. My salvation is secure. I know that You have all of this planned out and I know that all of us who have our faith and trust in You will be just fine. 

Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 36,37; Psalms 76; 1 Peter 1



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: