Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Listen To My Voice In The Morning LORD


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Listen To My Voice
In The Morning
LORD



Scripture

Psalm 5

Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
    Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.


Observation

It seems like every morning I wake up with something else on my heart that I share with the Lord. Do you do the same thing? 

This morning as I was praying for my children, who are the parents of our 10 wonderful grandchildren my heart’s desire for them is that they would understand that nothing is more important than having a personal relationship with God and growing each day closer to Him. 

I am glad that some of my children care about politics and some of them want to talk about their political positions and our country’s desperate need for the right person in the White House.  But I will be even happier when they want to talk about spiritual things and want to share about what God is doing in their lives. 

I do want to be able to help them to see our country’s dire situation from God’s perspective. 

This world and for sure our country is spinning out of control, and if not spinning at least flying in the wrong direction and no matter what you and I believe about our future political leaders not one of them is going to change the direction of this spin, or change the speed of our ultimate destruction as a nation. 

The truth is that unless a godly leader takes office and unless he or she calls our nation to repentance there is no hope of seeing things change for the better. 

How do I know that? It is not difficult to see if you and I just open up and read God’s Word. 

When the godly are in authority, the people rejoice. But when the wicked are in power, they groan. Proverbs 29:2 

The godly care about the rights of the poor; the wicked don’t care at all. Proverbs 29:7
 When the wicked take charge, people go into hiding. When the wicked meet disaster, the godly flourish. Proverbs 28:12

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Application

I will put my trust in the Lord today and I will pray for our leaders. I know that God is Sovereign and He sets up world leaders and He takes them down.

He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars. Daniel 2:21

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are in control. You are Sovereign. No person takes a place of leadership over a nation without Your okay. You alone control the course of world events. I pray for the leaders of our country. Give them wisdom to lead. I pray that a godly leader would emerge to lead our country and call our nation back to You. You alone are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Hosea 2,3,4,5; Hebrews 2, Psalm 5, Psalm 105, Proverbs 5


> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: