Thursday, July 07, 2016

My Health May Fail, And My Spirit May Grow Weak, But God Remains The Strength Of My Heart; He Is Mine Forever.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

My Health May Fail, And My Spirit May Grow Weak,
But God Remains The Strength Of My Heart;
He Is Mine Forever. 


Scripture

Psalm 73

23 Yet I still belong to you;
    you hold my right hand.


24 You guide me with your counsel,
    leading me to a glorious destiny.


25 Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth.


26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
    but God remains the strength of my heart;
    he is mine forever.


Observation

Paddling out yesterday in my kayak in one more futile attempt to catch that infamous “Walter” I was quickly reminded by my body that I am no longer a young man!

By the way, I did see 2 sharks that were about 6-7 feet long and they would have qualified to be my “Walter” but I couldn’t get them to take the bait!

If they had of taken the bait I might still be out there somewhere in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico!

But seriously even though my health is obviously slowly failing and I am now definitely a lot weaker than I used to be I can and I will proudly boast that my God remains the strength of my heart!

How about you?


Can you and I give God some praise today!

 Application


I will give my God praise today! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your word is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes my innermost thoughts and desires. Nothing in all creation is hidden from You. Everything is naked and exposed before Your eyes, and You are the One to whom we are accountable.

So then, since I have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, I will hold firmly to what I believe.  This High Priest of mine understands my weaknesses, for Jesus faced all of the same testings I do, yet He did not sin.  So I will come boldly to the throne of my gracious God. There I will receive his mercy, and I will find grace to help me when I need it most.

But as for me, how good it is to be near You! I have made You, the Sovereign Lord, my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do.

Hebrews 4:12-16, Psalm 73:28 {Personalized}


Daily Bible Reading:  Hosea 10,11,12; Psalms 73; Hebrews 4


> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: