Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Do You Know Where Your Fights And Arguments Come From?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Do You Know
Where
Your Fights And Arguments Come From? 

Scripture

James 4

Do you know where your fights and arguments come from? They come from the selfish desires that make war inside you.

Observation

I snapped at Kathy yesterday (yes, I did) and she said back to me, “Are we grouchy this morning?” No matter what excuse I could give and I can probably think of quite a few dozen excuses to blame my ugliness on in a nana-second but the truth is that the meanness is coming from a selfish heart. Just so you know, I did say that I was sorry for being grouchy a few minutes later.

Kathy has learned that the best way to handle me when I am ugly and mean is to respond back to me in a way that lets me see my remark for what it is – Thank goodness she doesn’t usually return my hurtful remark back with something even more hurtful.

Fights and arguments, we are all going to have them. Why? You and I are sinners that’s why! You and I are selfish! “Me, Myself, and I” is my problem. The problem is “ME”. It is not the person I love!

I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?

Three phrases that you and I better memorize and use each and every time we get into a fuss or a spat. Even when we are right – we need to learn to say them. The person we love is more important than you and I always having to be right. 


Application

I will not make excuses for my bad selfish behavior. I will confess it as sin. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is the Fruit of the Spirit that I want showing in my life, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. You and I both know that my heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked and my life needs to be under Your control. I yield my life to You. Take control of my tongue, my eyes, and my heart, help me live out this day in a way that pleases You. 


Daily Bible Reading: 2 Chronicles 29,30,31; James 4 





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: