Sunday, July 31, 2016

Give Thanks To The LORD, For He Is Good!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Give Thanks
To The LORD,
For He Is Good!



Scripture

Psalms 107

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
    His faithful love endures forever.


Let them praise the Lord for his great love
    and for the wonderful things he has done for them.


Observation

Aaron Myers taught my Sunday school class for me not too long ago and he taught the class a lesson on prayer that he and the other AWANA teachers had used with the kids.

It is the Hand Illustration for prayer!

Hopefully I will have the chance to share this illustration at the church where I am preaching this morning.

Our thumb and our pointer finger represent “Praise” and “Thanksgiving”!

Our middle finger, which is taller than all the rest, is for “Intercession” - praying for others.

Our ring finger reminds us of “Confession” – we need to confess our sins. 

The pinky, which is the smallest of all of our fingers, is for “Petition” – praying for the things that we need for ourselves. Notice that it comes last!

Corrie Ten Boom said this, “Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees.”

“Talking to men for God is a great thing, but talking to God for men is greater still.” E M Bounds



 Application

I will pray all the time. How about you?

1 Thessalonians 5:17 “Never stop praying.”


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for the privilege I have in Christ. I can come directly to You in prayer. You  have given me the keys of Heaven. I can bring Heaven down to earth through my prayers. You love me. You love to hear me when I pray and You want to talk to me through Your Word. And when I pray help me to always expect great things.

Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 63,64; Psalms 107; John 2



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: