Monday, August 01, 2016

I Wait Quietly Before God, For My Victory Comes From Him.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Wait Quietly
Before God,
For My Victory Comes From Him.



Scripture

Psalms 62

I wait quietly before God,
    for my victory comes from him.


Observation

I am so tired of watching and hearing the stupid and ridiculous things that continue to come out of the mouths of our country’s so called “leaders”. 

If you are like me you have to be saying or at least thinking, “Is this the best our country has got?” 

So if you want some sanity this Monday morning open up your Bible and get God’s perspective on our sad situation. 

This is what I read this morning in Psalm 62:1-2, 7-8 

I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken.”  My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.” 


Thank goodness our God has this all under His control! 

Psalm 146:8 “…The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down. The Lord loves the godly.”

Application

I will wait quietly before the Lord, for my victory comes from Him. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for our presidential candidates. Give them wisdom. Help them to see the need to seek Your guidance and Your direction. Help us, as we have to endure the next few months of listening to their nonsense. I pray for a godly leader. I pray that someone would emerge and save us from the direction that our country is heading. Thank You for letting us know that we are on the winning team and for letting us know that You have this craziness all under Your control. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 65,66; Psalms 62; John 3




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: