Friday, August 26, 2016

Dear Friend, Don’t Let This Bad Example Influence You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Dear Friend,
Don’t Let This
Bad Example Influence You.

Scripture

3 John

11 Dear friend, don’t let this bad example influence you. Follow only what is good. Remember that those who do good prove that they are God’s children, and those who do evil prove that they do not know God.

Observation

Diotrephes was bad! He was a terrible influence. He was bad to the core! The Apostle John warned people not to be influenced by him. 

The Apostle Paul warned us about being influenced by the wrong people when he said, “bad company corrupts good character.” 

At our church, Christ Fellowship, the leadership team is working hard to get everyone into “community groups” so they can be surrounded by godly influences and grow in Christ. 

It is the 2 Timothy 2:2 principle, “And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.” 

Here is both a warning and some advice: Stay away from negative, angry, divisive people. Instead hang with people that love the Lord and with people that can help you be more like Jesus!


Application

I will spend time with people that can help me grow in Christ and with people that need my encouragement. I will stay away from negative, angry, divisive people! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help us influence others to live godly lives and don’t let us be influenced by ungodliness. Help me to be strong in the Lord. I want for people to see Jesus in me. Don’t let me do stupid sins. I pray for all of our community group leaders. I pray for our leadership team. Help all of us to live in a way that honors You and brings You glory. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 50,51; 3 John






Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: