Thursday, August 04, 2016

Don’t Be So Concerned About Perishable Things


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Don’t Be So
Concerned
About Perishable Things




Scripture

John 6

27 But don’t be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you. For God the Father has given me the seal of his approval.”

Observation

What do you want from Jesus?

The crowds were following Jesus just because He had miraculously fed 5,000 men with just 2 small fish and 5 small loves of bread. Actually it was more like 15 to 20 thousand people that were miraculously fed that day if you count the women and the children.

The crowd continued to follow Jesus hoping to experience another miracle, but they were not listening to His message of Eternal Life.

The truth is that you and I are going to live forever. We are going to either live in Heaven or Hell.

We are not going to just cease to exist when we die.

Jesus told the crowd, “Spend your energy seeking the Eternal Life that the Son of Man can give you.”
The Bible says in Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

The crowd wanted from Jesus only what would perish – mere food, when Jesus wanted them to have way more. He wanted them to have Eternal Life.

What do you want from Jesus?

John 10:28
    I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

John 5:24
    "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Romans 5:8
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1 John 5:11-15

“And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him.”

Application


I will trust Jesus for everything in my life. How about you? 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, these are tough days. Help me trust You totally with every detail of my life. I know that You are with me right in the middle of the storms that come against me and against those that I love. Show Yourself powerful in the lives of those that are struggling with health issues. Work a miracle in their lives. You are the Mighty God and nothing is too hard for You. You are the Giver of life and our very breath is held in Your Mighty Hand.
Daily Bible Reading:  2 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 34; John 6



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: