Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Those Who Care Nothing For Their Life In This World Will Keep It For Eternity


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Those Who Care Nothing
For Their Life In This World
Will Keep It For Eternity



Scripture

John 12

25 Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity.

Observation

This past Sunday I had the opportunity to visit my little sister Bea up in Shalimar, Florida and attend church with her and her family. I heard an amazing story of a surgeon’s work and ministry in the country of Bangladesh.

This man could have chosen to work in the US where he could have made a very good living at a top hospital in one of our major cities, but instead he made the decision to serve the Lord helping the poorest of the poor in very difficult conditions.

He and his wife and people like them are my heroes.

His motivation for serving and for making this sacrifice is not to just heal a person’s physical body; it is to see these people come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ! People that are making this kind of sacrifice need our support and they need for us to pray for them.


Application

I will pray for this family. I will support them. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for those serving overseas in countries where life is very difficult and dangerous. I pray that You protect them. I pray that You use them to further Your kingdom. I pray for You to call out people from our church to go and serve all over this world. I pray for Martha Moore as she goes to serve You Europe. Open up doors for her to have a successful ministry. Bring people into her life that will help her. Answer all of her prayers. Make her plans successful. Give her the desires of her heart. I pray for the surgeon that I met this past Sunday. Bless he and his wife and family. Use them. Protect them. Help them to raise the support that they need to continue Your work where they serve!


Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 5,6; John 12





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: