Friday, August 19, 2016

As For You, Follow Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

As For
You,
Follow Me



Scripture

John 21

21 Peter asked Jesus, “What about him, Lord?”

22 Jesus replied, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me.” 23 So the rumor spread among the community of believers that this disciple wouldn’t die. But that isn’t what Jesus said at all. He only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

Observation

Why do we always want to worry about what someone else gets to do, is doing, or are not doing?

I don’t know the answer but Simon Peter had the same problem!

It is easy for me to look at others and what they are doing and think to myself and say to the Lord, “Well what about them Lord?”

His reply to me comes in verse 22 when Jesus says to Peter, “What is that to you? As for you, follow me.”

God’s calling on my life and His calling on your life is unique. His plan for my life is not the same as it is for yours. His orders are: Follow me! Keep your eyes on me!

Don’t be envious of what others are getting to do! In fact, rejoice that they are getting to do it!

Application

I will try hard to keep my eyes on Jesus and not on stuff that doesn’t matter. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have to admit that it is easy for me to look around and think that I am missing out on some things. The truth is that I am very blessed. I have had the opportunity to experience more than most people will ever get to experience! You have been so good to me. I am blessed. Help me not to whine or feel sorry for myself or be concerned with how You are blessing those around me. Help me to rejoice with others when they have something to rejoice about. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 45,46,47; Psalms 105; John 21






Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: