Sunday, August 14, 2016

Blessed Are Those Who Trust In The LORD And Have Made The LORD Their Hope And Confidence.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Blessed Are Those
Who Trust In The LORD
And Have Made The LORD Their Hope And Confidence.




Scripture

Jeremiah 17

7 “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord
    and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
    with roots that reach deep into the water.
Such trees are not bothered by the heat
    or worried by long months of drought.
Their leaves stay green,
    and they never stop producing fruit.


Observation

Blessed and highly favored are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence!

What are they like?

They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water.

What else would you and I put our trust in - our government, our bank account, our health, and our investments? I say “no way”.

I want to be like a tree planted along a riverbank. How about you? 


Oh, the joys of those who do not follow evil men’s advice, who do not hang around with sinners, scoffing at the things of God.  But they delight in doing everything God wants them to, and day and night are always meditating on his laws and thinking about ways to follow him more closely. They are like trees along a riverbank bearing luscious fruit each season without fail. Their leaves shall never wither, and all they do shall prosper. Psalm 1:1-3


Application

I will put my trust in the LORD! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be like a tree planted along a riverbank. I want to be productive. I want the things that I do to prosper. My trust, my faith, my confidence, and my hope are all in You! 


Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 16,17; Psalms 96; John 16


> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!




> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: