Friday, August 12, 2016

So Correct Me LORD, But Please Be Gentle


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

So Correct Me
LORD,
But Please Be Gentle



Scripture

Jeremiah 10

Lord, there is no one like you!
    For you are great, and your name is full of power.


23 I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own.
    We are not able to plan our own course.
24 So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle.
    Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.


Observation

Jeremiah was very honest when he prayed. You and I need to be honest in our prayers too!

And this morning I agree with Jeremiah whole-heartedly when he said, “So correct me, LORD, but please be gentle.”

I want the Lord to keep me on course and I want to finish well, but I want the Lord to keep his cool while He corrects me.

In fact, God has given me promise after promise in His Word so I know that is how he is going to treat me. 

I don’t have to be afraid.

I don’t have to worry about Him mistreating me because He is angry with me.

If we are His children then we don’t have to be afraid of anything!

.
The Lord passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. Exodus 34:6
.
 The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” Lamentations 3:22-24
.
Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.  There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?  When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. John 14:1-3



Application


I will trust the Lord to keep me on course. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, there is no one like you! For you are great, and your name is full of power.  I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die. Your faithful love never ends! Your mercies never cease. Great is Your faithfulness; Your mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “You, Lord are my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in You! 


Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 10,11,12; John 14





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: