Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Those Who Listen To My Message And Believe In God Who Sent Me Have Eternal Life


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Those Who Listen To My Message
And Believe
In God Who Sent Me Have Eternal Life


Scripture

John 5:24

24 “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

Observation

What do we have to do to be condemned for our sins? Nothing! The Bible says, 

    “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” You and I are going to sin. It is our nature! It is not good people that go to Heaven and bad people that go to Hell. It is forgiven people that go to Heaven. 

We are all sinners. “For all have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious standard.” Romans 3:23
   
You are either a forgiven sinner or a sinner that has not yet been forgiven. Jesus Christ died to pay the penalty for our sins. You and I have a choice. We can either surrender our lives to Jesus Christ and put our faith and trust in what He did on the cross for us or we can die in our sins and face certain condemnation and judgment.

The message that Jesus Christ has for you and for me is found in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.”

I know that when I die I will be in Heaven with Jesus Christ. It is not because of anything that I have done or anything that I can ever do. It is not because I am a good person or because I do good things. I am a sinner. I deserve to go to Hell.

But I am a sinner that has been saved by God’s grace through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I have already passed from death to life. How about you? Where are you in your spiritual journey?
    
 Application

 I will continue to share the message that Jesus Saves. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that there may be a person reading this blog today that has not placed his or her faith in Jesus Christ. I pray that You open up their spiritual eyes and their heart to the Good News that Jesus saves. Don't let them go one day longer in unbelief. Help them to believe!


Daily Bible Reading:  Nahum 1,2,3; John 5





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: