Saturday, August 13, 2016

For Apart From Me You Can Do Nothing


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For Apart
From Me
You Can Do Nothing


Scripture

John 15

“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!

Observation

Let’s look back on our lives and think about this passage! What have we really accomplished that matters?

Jesus compares our lives to that of a branch in a vineyard. If we stay connected to the Vine then we will bear much fruit. If we are not connected to the Vine (Jesus) we can do “nothing”.

Jesus is the Vine. Are you and I connected?

If we are connected to Jesus Christ by faith and we walk in a close relationship to Him by obeying what He says in His Word then John 15:7 is a promise we can count on!

“But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!” John 15:7

I think knowing this one verse should be motivation enough for us to repent of any known sin and live our lives in a way that pleases Jesus!

10 When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. 11 I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! 12 This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. 13 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.  John 15:10-14


Application


I choose to live for Jesus Christ today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is my desire today to live in close relationship to You. Don’t let any sin mess that up. Show me anything that does not please You so I can confess it. I want to be able to count on what You say in John 15:7.  I want to be able to ask for anything in Jesus’ name and know that You are going to say, “Yes” to my requests. You are my Father. I can come to You with complete trust and I know that You are watching out for me. Help those that may be reading this blog today to trust You with all of their hearts. 



Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 13,14,15; John 15



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: