Monday, August 08, 2016

I Give To Them Eternal Life


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I
Give To Them
Eternal Life


Scripture

John 10

28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me.

Observation


Eternal Life – How can you have it?

If you go to a funeral, just about any funeral and listen to what people share about their departed loved one you would think that all you have to do to go to Heaven is to die.

Going to Heaven is easy, but it is not that easy.

You see not everybody is going to Heaven when they die.

Don’t get the wrong idea either. It is not good people that go to Heaven and bad people that go to Hell. Only the people that have received the “Gift” of Eternal Life are going to Heaven. Have you received God’s gift?

Lets back up for a second and start with this fact. You and I are sinners and our sins have separated us from God. (Romans 3:23) And God says that what we deserve because we are sinners is death – physical death and spiritual death. (Romans 6:23) And God says that after death comes judgment. (Hebrews 9:27)

Now if you and I want to avoid death, judgment, and Hell we need to receive God’s gift of Eternal Life by putting our faith and trust in Jesus Christ and in what Christ did for us on the cross. He died for you and for me on the cross. He laid down His life on that cross as a Gift.

Okay at your funeral and at my funeral they may talk about us being in Heaven with all of our loved ones, but is that where we will be? Our final destination, Heaven or Hell, depends on whether we have received the Gift of Eternal Life or not.

I was nineteen years old when someone shared this Good News with me. I prayed and I asked Jesus Christ to come into my life as my Lord and my Savior.

I am sixty-five years old and I can tell you for certain that the moment I die I will be with Jesus Christ.

Not because I am a good person, not because I do good things, not because I do more good things than bad things, oh no, I am going to be in Heaven because I have received Jesus Christ,

I have received the Gift of Eternal Life. How about you? Have you received the Gift of Eternal Life? Have you received forgiveness of your sins?

Why not pray and Jesus Christ to come into your life right now. I want to see you when I get to Heaven and you are not going to be there if you have not received God’s gift of Eternal Life. 


Application


I am praying for those close to me that God gives them spiritual understanding and they will put their trust totally in Jesus for their salvation. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You are the only One that saves. I pray for those I love. I pray that You open up their spiritual eyes so that they can understand the message of salvation. Don’t let them trust in doing good things or being good to get them to Heaven. Show them that the only way to be saved is through Your Son Jesus Christ. Thank You for working in their lives. Thank You for transforming lives one at a time. Nothing is too hard for You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 1,2; John 10



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: