Monday, August 29, 2016

Look! I Stand At The Door And Knock. If You Hear My Voice And Open The Door. I Will Come In


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Look! I Stand At The Door And Knock.
If You Hear My Voice And Open The Door.
I Will Come In



Scripture

Revelation 3:20

20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.

Observation

God wants an intimate relationship with us. He is knocking at the door of our hearts. He wants to come in.

This verse is not talking about salvation even though we could think of this verse in that way, but what this verse is really talking about is intimate fellowship with Jesus Christ.

Anything that keeps Jesus Christ from having the Number One place in our hearts is an idol or a small god. This could be anything.

Kathy said to me recently, “Anything that we do and are unable to stop has become an “idol”.” It is taking God’s rightful place on the throne of our hearts.

He wants to be Number One in our life.

What is it in my life and in your life that we desire to keep on doing and can’t seem to stop?

Lets ask God to give us strength to let it go. Lets ask Jesus to come into our hearts and take control of every detail of our lives so we can have fellowship with Him.


Application

I will ask the Lord to show me anything that is replacing Him in the Number One spot of my life. How about you? Who or what is Number One in your life? What needs to change?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love You. Don’t let anything come into my life that takes Your place as Number One. Show me and give me strength to let go of anything that is not bringing You glory and honor. I want to be right in my relationship with You. I don’t want to be lukewarm. I want to be on fire for You. I pray for others that may be reading this blog that are struggling with addictions and who are tempted with Satan’s lies that those little sins won’t hurt them. Give them the strength to let them go. Help them to surrender their lives 100% to You holding nothing back!


Daily Bible Reading:  Ezekiel 4,5,6,7; Revelation 3




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: