Saturday, August 06, 2016

Yet I Will Rejoice In The LORD!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Yet I Will
Rejoice
In The LORD!



Scripture

Habakkuk 3

17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
    and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
    and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,


18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
    I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
    He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
    able to tread upon the heights.


Observation

If I can paraphrase what Habakkuk 3:17-19, “No matter how bad it gets or no matter how bad it looks I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful no matter what comes my way because the Lord is my strength! 

16 Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. I Thessalonians 5:16-18

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 

Sometimes in life when life is spinning out of our control all we can do is hold on to the great promises of God. 

He keeps every one of them!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; Proverbs 3:5

But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!” Matthew 14:27


   

Application

I will hold on to the promises of God. He will never let me down. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this morning as I read the great statement of faith that Habakkuk made I say, “Amen”. Help me to have that same kind of faith in You. You said it so I believe it kind of faith. Don’t let me doubt You for a minute. You are the Mighty God. There is no one like You. You alone are Worthy of Praise. I trust You with every detail of my life. Show me Your Power, Your Strength, Your Love for those around me today. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Habakkuk 1,2,3; John 8; Psalm 6, Psalm 106; Proverbs 6




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: