Tuesday, August 16, 2016

As Jesus Said “I AM He,” They All Drew Back And Fell To The Ground!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

As Jesus Said
“I AM He,”
They All Drew Back And Fell To The Ground!




Scripture

John 18

Jesus fully realized all that was going to happen to him, so he stepped forward to meet them. “Who are you looking for?” he asked.
“Jesus the Nazarene,” they replied.
I am he,” Jesus said. (Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them.) As Jesus said, I am he,” they all drew back and fell to the ground!

Observation

What is your favorite picture of Jesus? 

This is one of my most favorites found in John 18! 

When I see pictures of Jesus that people have painted with Him looking weak and slightly feminine I think about how unlike those pictures reflect the Jesus pictured in John 18! 

Read John 18 and you will see just what I am talking about! It seemed like everyone else was in charge of the situation that night of His arrest. 

Judas, the Jewish leaders, the Roman soldiers, even Simon Peter as he whacked off the right ear of Malchus, the high priest’s slave. Everybody thought they were in charge! 

But all Jesus had to do was say these three words and everyone fell to the ground in fear, He said, “I AM he!” A cohort of soldiers, around 500 men with swords and spears all fell backwards to the ground when Jesus said, “I AM he.” 

The situation looked bleak. It looked desperate. It didn’t look good at all for Jesus. But Jesus was totally in charge. He voluntarily allowed them to arrest Him. He could have called down 12 legions of Angels to rescue Him. 

Your situation and my situation may not look good at the moment. 

The circumstances that we find ourselves in may not be good at all, but if we are followers of Jesus Christ, we can rest assured that He is in control of what happens in our lives! He is in control!

Application

Jesus is totally in charge of every detail of my life. How about your life? Who is in control?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ died for me. He came to this earth to live a sinless life and then die as a Perfect Sacrifice for my sins. I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog today that has not yet trusted in Jesus Christ as his or her personal Savior. Help them to believe. Help them to put all of their faith and trust in Jesus Christ. I pray for those who are going through difficult times. Show them that they can trust in You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Kings 24; Jeremiah 22; Psalms 112; John 18




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: