Sunday, August 07, 2016

This Happened So The Power Of God Could Be Seen In Him


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

This Happened
So The Power Of God
Could Be Seen In Him



Scripture

 John 9

As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man who had been blind from birth.
 
“Rabbi,” his disciples asked him, “why was this man born blind? Was it because of his own sins or his parents’ sins?”

“It was not because of his sins or his parents’ sins,” Jesus answered. “This happened so the power of God could be seen in him.
 

Observation

Why? Why did this happen to me? Why did this happen to some one that I love?

When it comes to our health or the health of someone close to us we have a thousand whys?

I know I do!

This man was born blind. When Jesus met him the disciples of Jesus were asking the “why” question. “Why was he born blind they asked? Was it because of his own sins or his parents sins?”

It was neither.

It was so the power of God could be seen in him. God hears our questions that we are asking Him. We need to take time to listen to Him as He answers us. 

And we need to trust Him when we don’t understand.

Do not fear … do not let your hands hang limp. The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you., He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. {Zephaniah 3:16-17}

 Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thes. 5:17-18


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

   



 Application

I will trust God with everything that I cannot understand. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, there are some things that I will never understand this side of Heaven. There are so many questions that I have that go unanswered. This is what I do know. You are good. You love me. You are always working in our lives to bring us to a closer relationship with You. And I have Your promise that You gave me in Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” And I will hold on to that promise when I don’t have the answer to why something has happened. 

   
Daily Bible Reading:  Zephaniah 1,2,3; John 9





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: