Friday, August 05, 2016

Each Morning I Bring My Requests To You And Wait Expectantly


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Each Morning
I Bring My Requests To You
And Wait Expectantly


Scripture

Psalm 5

O Lord, hear me as I pray;
    pay attention to my groaning.

 
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God,
    for I pray to no one but you.

 
Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
    Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.


Observation

“O Lord, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning.” I identify with King David this morning. I know without a doubt that God hears my prayers.  The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

For all of you that are going through extremely difficult times right now I want you to know that there is hope.

I have a little booklet called “Facing Illness with Hope” and as I read through this morning I found this and I want to share it with you this morning.

Why?
I know I can ask you, Jesus. Help me listen to your response. Teach me to trust you, even when you’re quiet, or so it seems. These days present so many questions. The questions seem to outnumber the answers. I need wisdom to ask the right questions, as well as answers to those questions others ask me. It’s tough right now. But I also see blessings. I do. That helps. You help and give me hope. Thank you. By the way, I have another question … Why are you so good to me, Jesus? 

Isaiah 43:2
    When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. 

Application

I will pray holding on to all of God’s promises. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, whenever You work and act we call it a miracle. Miracles are happening every day around us and we don’t even recognize them for what they are. We know that You are constantly at work in the lives of those we pray for. Help me to have faith in You whether I see Your Hand in what is happening or not. Help me trust You with the things that I have no control over which is just about everything going on at the moment. You are Lord. You are Sovereign. You are totally in control You love me and You love those who I am concerned about. You are constantly at work in their lives. You are my Hope! 


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Kings 23; 2 Chronicles 35; John 7; Psalm 5, Psalm 105; Proverbs 5




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: